HOLIDAYS AND VACATION
Holiday and vacation time is based on the Penn State University calendar.
A RADSC Program Pin is available for purchase through the Program Director.
Sexual harassment of faculty, staff or students is prohibited and will not be tolerated at The Pennsylvania State University. It is the policy of the University to maintain an academic and work environment free of sexual harassment. Sexual harassment violates the dignity of individuals and impedes the realization of the University's educational mission. The University is committed to preventing and eliminating sexual harassment of faculty, staff and students through education and by encouraging faculty, staff and students to report any concerns or complaints about sexual harassment. Prompt corrective measures will be taken to stop sexual harassment whenever and wherever it occurs. ( Policy AD41 Sexual Harassment )
1. The Clinical Education Centers nor the University will guarantee employment for the graduate/student during or upon completion of the program.
3. Any type of radiology employment outside the program will NOT satisfy the stated clinical objectives. All clinical objectives must be achieved at the designated clinical center during clinical rotations and under proper supervision.
4. Any facility employing a student RT assumes full responsibility for that student.
5. No type of employment responsibilities will be considered if the student performance in class or clinical area is below the acceptable level.
6. Film badges provided by the University may only be used to monitor student's clinical education hours. A radiology employer must provide a separate film badge for employment activity.
7. The blanket liability insurance policy purchased through PSU only provides coverage for the student during clinical education hours; a student employee may want to purchase a separate liability policy to cover employment activity.
STATEMENT OF NON DISCRIMINATION
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, admission and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by University policy or by state or federal authorities. It is the policy of the University to maintain an academic and work environment free of discrimination, including harassment. The Pennsylvania State University prohibits discrimination and harassment against any person because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Discrimination or harassment against faculty, staff or students will not be tolerated at The Pennsylvania State University. ( Policy AD42 Statement on Nondiscrimination and Harassment )