In the event that a student withdrew from the RADSC curriculum and later decided to return, the following objectives must be completed in their entirety prior to the student's re-enrollment in clinical internship (RADSC 295). The returning student is responsible for contacting the clinical coordinator to determine a schedule for successful completion of the objectives.
The returning student must:
- participate in clinical for a minimum of 10 days. The clinical instructor will complete observation sheets concerning the student's clinical performance and will conference the student a minimum of twice during the clinical experience.
- maintain a log sheet and repeat sheet during the clinical experience.
- review clinical policies and student status with clinical coordinator.
- successfully demonstrate all exams previously evaluated on during lab and clinical.
- complete the clinical education objective book for either RADSC 295-01 or RADSC 295-04. ( a student returning to 01, 02, or 03 would complete the 01 book; a student returning to 04, 05, 06, or 07 would complete the 04 book). Depending on status, additional semester objective books may be required.
Guidelines and information:
- The student will adhere to all policies of the program during the re-entry clinical experience.
- Though the student is allowed to participate in exams, the student may not acquire prelims or competencies during this period. The only exception would be if the student were lacking the minimum requirements.
- Once the schedule is determined, the student will adhere to the schedule. Excessive absences may result in the student not being allowed to return to the program.
- For the semester prior to re-entry, the student will be enrolled in the corresponding RADSC course as 'visit' status so that liability insurance coverage can be activated. In addition, the student may attend RADSC classes on campus as a refresher.
- The student may incur additional costs during the re-enrollment process. Examples of possible costs include, but are not limited to, liability insurance premium, University fees, and clinical site parking fees.