The Wylonis Scholarship is an exciting scholarship opportunity for prospective Penn State Schuylkill students.
This scholarship award is equivalent to approximately one-half of the cost of in-state tuition. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide recognition and financial assistance to incoming freshman undergraduate students at Penn State Schuylkill who meet the following criteria:
- Plans to major in a STEM-related degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- A high school grade-point-average of at least 3.2 (on a scale of 4.0)
- Demonstrated leadership or entrepreneurship abilities
- Student must be a future graduate of a Schuylkill County high school, with first preference given to a future graduate of North Schuylkill High School in Ashland, Pennsylvania.
- A demonstrated financial need (Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required, Penn State Code: 003329)
It will be awarded for one academic year and shall be renewed for subsequent years, providing the recipient continues to meet the conditions of eligibility and funds are available. This scholarship is intended to be awarded to a student for up to four academic years and the recipient may continue to receive this scholarship if the recipient transfers to Penn State University Park to complete their four-year degree. While at University Park, the student would also receive an award to cover one-half of the cost of standard double occupancy housing expense in addition to the one-half of the cost of in-state tuition.
This scholarship requires a separate application. The deadline for each academic year is March 1. The application for fall 2016 is now closed.
The online application form for freshman beginning in fall 2017 will be open available January 1, 2017.
For additional information, please contact the office of Admissions at 570-385-6252.