The Wylonis Scholarship is an exciting scholarship opportunity for prospective Penn State Schuylkill students.
This scholarship award is equivalent to approximately one-half of the cost of in-state tuition. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide recognition and financial assistance to incoming freshman undergraduate students at Penn State Schuylkill who meet the following criteria:
- Plans to major in a STEM-related degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- A high school grade point average of at least 3.2 (on a scale of 4.0)
- Demonstrated leadership or entrepreneurship
- First preference will be given to a student who graduated from a high school in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania
- A demonstrated financial need (2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid is required, Penn State Code: 003329)
It will be awarded for one academic year and shall be renewed for subsequent years, providing the recipient continues to meet the conditions of eligibility and funds are available. This scholarship is intended to be awarded to a student for up to four academic years and the recipient may continue to receive this scholarship if the recipient transfers to Penn State University Park to complete their four-year degree. While at University Park, the student would also receive an award to cover one-half of the cost of standard double occupancy housing expense in addition to the one-half of the cost of in-state tuition.
This scholarship requires a separate application. The application is online and can be accessed by clicking HERE.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS MARCH 8, 2014.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Development at 570-385-6260.