Why should you attend Penn State Schuylkill? Here are our Top Ten Reasons...
1. 2013 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
Our students provide many hours of community service to local organizations. They volunteer their time to give back to the community.
2. We produce and employ Fulbright Scholars
The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the United States Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, is the United States government’s flagship international exchange program and is supported by the people of the United States and partner countries around the world. A student who attended Penn State Schuylkill was selected for the program in 2012 and we currently have a faculty member that was the recipient of a Fulbright Lectureship.
Penn State University overall is ranked by The Chronicle of Higher Education as the Top Producer of Fulbright Scholars in the nation.
3. Military Friendly
Military Friendly Schools® are the top 15% of schools nationwide that deliver the best experience for military students. Penn State Schuylkill was named to this list in 2012 and 2013.
4. Part of the largest student philanthropy effort in the world
Penn State Schuylkill raised over $40,000 to assist in the fight against pediatric cancer for THON 2013. The THON student organization is a 46 hour dance marathon and the largest student-run philanthropy in the world.
5. Penn State graduates are favored for employment opportunities
The Wall Street Journal ranks Penn State #1 among corporate recruiters. Recruiters state that Penn State supplies “Bright, well-rounded students…with the core competencies we desire.”
6. We reward students for their accomplishments
Over $600,000 is available to be awarded to new Penn State Schuylkill students for the fall 2014 semester based on their academic merit. FAFSA forms are not required to be eligible for hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships
7. Penn State Schuylkill encourages Global Citizenship and Global Leadership
We provide students with diverse opportunities to experience world cultures and helping students develop a global perspective by partnering with Global Penn State and institutions around the world to help find answers to major global challenges such as poverty, environmental sustainability, food security, health, climate change, energy security, and social justice
8. Penn State is ranked by Kiplinger as one of the Top 100 Best Values in Public Colleges for 2012-2013
There are only three schools in Pennsylvania that made the top 100 and we are the only local school included.
9. Ranked by Academic Ranking of World Universities (AWRU) among the 2012 top 100 world-class universities
Penn State is one of only two Pennsylvania schools to make the top 50.
10. Penn State graduates get top salaries
According to Smartmoney Magazine, in a 2011 Show-me-the-money college survey, Penn State was ranked #12 among Colleges That Help Grads Get Top Salaries.
Apply today to take advantage of these unique opportunities!