- Get to a SAFE PLACE as soon as possible
- Contact the POLICE
- Try to PRESERVE all physical evidence including bed sheets, towels, and the clothing you were wearing. DO NOT bathe, douche or use the toilet.
- CONTACT a close friend who can be with you during this time.
On campus--Campus Health Center (Advising Center). Counselors are available to provide emotional and logistical support for crisis situations such as sexual assault. 570-385-6248
Off Campus--Access Hotline is a community service with a 24 hour hotline (570-628-4731). Trained individuals are available to help you deal with the emotional, legal and medical issues of sexual assaults. A representative can accompany you to the hospital and court proceedings.
- Remain Calm
- Arrange a private place for the individual to talk. Listen compassionately. Comfort the victim.
- If a sexual assault has been reported to you, gently encourage the victim to allow you to contact the 24 hour Access Hotline (570-628-4731) and follow their instructions.
Police Services Office
Business & Academic Services Bldg.