A guest is defined as a person visiting a resident of the Nittany Apartments at the resident's invitation, including a student who resides in another Nittany Apartment building. A resident who resides in the same building and/or the floor in which he/she is visiting is considered a guest during the time that he/she is visiting the host. All individuals who are not residents of the Nittany Apartments are considered guests, including residents' family members. The following stipulations apply to all guests:
- Visitation Hours for non-residents: Sunday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. through 12:30 a.m.; Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m through 2:00 a.m.
- All guests must be escorted by a resident at all times. Should a guest be found in common areas without his/her host, the guest will be asked to leave and the host could be referred for disciplinary action.
- All guests must have the approval of the host's roommate prior to the guest's visit.
- Both residents and guests are responsible for any violation of regulations and may be subject to disciplinary action which may include the loss of guest privileges. If a guest is a Penn State student and violated campus policy, the consequences of such actions are the guest's However, if the guest is not a Penn State student, then the host can be subject to disciplinary action for the actions of his/her guest, including damage charges, if applicable. It is recommended that the host educate his/her guest about the policies and procedures at Penn State Schuylkill and the Nittany Apartments.
- These policies apply to all guests, regardless of sex or gender.
- Guests will not be issued keys to the host's room or residence hall in which the host resides
- Anyone who does not have a Penn State housing contract and is suspected of "living" in the Nittany Apartments will be subject to University disciplinary procedures for University students an/or legal action for non-students.
- The Housing Office, The Office of Residence Life, the Office of Student Affairs, and/or Penn State Police Services staff members have the authority to require a guest to leave the premises or area should the need arise, in particular following an incident involving a violation of University and/or Nittany Apartment policies.
- Guests in the Nittany Apartments after 2:00 a.m. will be escorted out of the building.
- Overnight guests of the opposite sex are strictly prohibited.
- All overnight guests must be registered and approved by the host's roommate at least 24 hour prior to the guest's arrival.
- An overnight guest is permitted to stay for a total of three nights in a seven-day period, regardless of the room in which he/she resides during the three nights.
- Hosts are only permitted to host an overnight guest for a total of three consecutive nights in a seven-day period.
- A host is not permitted to have more than one overnight guest at one time.