What is the Student Activity Fee?
The purpose of the Student Activity Fee is to:
• Improve the overall quality of the campus experience from the student’s perspective.
• Increase opportunities for student involvement in the educational process, particularly the out-of-class experience.
• Enhance the appropriate out-of-class services and programs at the commonwealth colleges/campuses based on identified student needs.
All students pay the mandatory Student Activity Fee (SAF) according to number of credit hours in which the student is registered.
Student Activity funds are allocated to support and enhance student life on campus. The allocations are approved through the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee, which is made up of seven students, one faculty and two staff members.
How has the fee been allocated in the past?
Student Activity funds have supported:
- Programming support of late night entertainment, movie series, and lunchtime fun including comedians, hypnotists, game shows, karaoke, and dances.
- Student bus trips to places such as New York City, Washington, DC, and Atlantic City
- Lectures and special speakers on campus
- Fitness Center equipment and extended operating hours
- Diversity programs
For more information, please contact the Student Affairs department at 570-385-6115.