- Hardware: An 802.11a, b or g wireless capable laptop, such as those that are wireless-ready or that have a PCMCIA card slot.
- Software: Download and install the Virtual Private Network (VPN) software from http://downloads.its.psu.edu/.
- Penn State Access Account: Access Accounts enable Penn State students, faculty, and staff to use the full range of Internet Services, including wireless network services.
- Download and install the Virtual Private Network (VPN) software
- Disable any third party firewalls.
- Set wireless adapter to obtain IP address automatically
- Verify “pennstate” wireless network is available
- Set “pennstate” values as follows:
- Network Authentication: Open
- Data Encryption: Disabled
- Log into VPN client with your username and password
- Information Technology